As schools, when we juggle the demands of the curriculum and make decisions on what to include and what to reduce, subjects which open up children's' minds should be high on our agenda.
Star Gazing can be a great activity for promoting good mental health and wellbeing. With this in mind, our Vidyalaya conducted a star gazing activity for Class III on 29.9.2023 with the aim and objectives as follows:
* To reconnect our kids with nature.
* To inspire creativity.
* To provide a sense of wonder and curiosity.
* Video presentation on Astronomy.
* Importance of Star gazing and processes.
* Star Gazing dark skies with stargazing application (use of Telescope).
* Visualization of Moon surface.
* Naked eye sky observation etc.
The children enjoyed a lot and said they will cherish these memories for years to come. Everyone is thankful to Smt. Meghna Kakoty Didi, Principal VKV (NEEPCO) Bokuloni for giving this opportunity to explore and experience beyond the classroom.